Everyone knows it’s hard to resist the tempting treats and libations that come along with holiday celebrations. After each meal or party we vow not to indulge at the next party. We eventually give up all together and are back at square one. If you are having a hard time sticking to your diet over the holiday season, you are not alone. So, how do you detox after holiday festivities? Follow these simple detox tips and you will be on track and ready to achieve your nutrition and fitness goals come January 1st.
- You will feel better
- You will lose weight
- You will reduce cravings
- You can reduce or eliminate food sensitivities
- You will give your body a well needed rest so that it may repair itself
Detoxing after over indulgence
- Hydrate – water flushes out toxins as well as prevents problems from dehydration such as headaches due to over indulging
- Start taking probiotics – They will help to improve the digestion of ll of those holiday meals
- Deep Breathing – relaxing the body and mind and getting your metabolism back on track to counteract the cortisol production due to stress during the holidays
- A good night’s sleep – It will keep you energized which will keep your cravings at bay. You won’t be looking for a quick cookie fix to boost your energy
- Watch what you drink – sugary drinks, including coffees sodas and eggnog are worse than sugary food because they go straight to the liver without going through the breakdown and filtration process and they don’t tend to make you feel full. They also tend to be very high in calories.
- Exercise – Exercise oxygenates the body. The more oxygenated your body is the easier it is to get rid of toxins. It also promotes sweating which is another way your body releases toxins.
- Detox your life – food and drink are not the only toxins in your life. Take time to clear your home of harsh chemicals and unnatural products. This is also a good time to take inventory of what you can release from your life that isn’t serving you.
Get a clean start – Start the New Year off right with The PaleoCleanse Plus 14 Day Detox Program. For more information about the program CLICK HERE.